Friday, March 7, 2008

A Surprise


Wow. I sure did get a surprise this week. I have inherited Mr. Dick Peirce's copy of "The Ceratopsia,"a book that I have wanted for quite some time. It was a big surprise, and a truly appreciated gift. John and I had gone to see Dick just two weeks before his death, and I truly thought he would pull through after having seen him. I was in total shock when John called me and told me the news. Dick was a fun guy, a paleo paparazzi of sorts at the SVP meetings, always wearing his signature beret. I had the chance to get to know Dick a little better last summer while working in Fruita and he was always very willing to bring visitors out to the quarry or give them tours through the museum. I know he is missed by many. Everytime I open the book it will remind me of him Thanks for the gift Dick!

No comments: